Widgets are elements on the page which display various information. The selection of elements is enormous – besides the standard ones and ones pre-installed from the theme, there are many more available in the form of plugins.
The Esthetique Theme offers a number of additional widgets:
- About me - display some information about yourself. For example, a profile picture (or an avatar), name, surname, a short description and a link to a detailed description (for example a separate “About” page).
- Simple Banner - create a simple advertising banner without opening a graphic program – choose a picture, headline and add a link.
- Social Profiles - buttons for your social media profiles, you can also display the number of the fanpage likes or the number of followers on Twitter/Instagram etc.
- WordPress Popular Posts - show a list of the most popular entries on the blog, the description of the configuration can be found later in the article.
- MailChimp for WordPress - a plugin which installs MailChimp with WordPress. You can easily add a newsletter to your blog.
In order to add, edit or remove a widget, go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.
On the left side, you’ll see the list of available widgets, and on the right, the available "Widget Areas".
Esthetique Theme offers only one of those - Sidebar.
Drag the widgets you wish to display to the sidebar area using the "Drag & Drop" method.